Tuesday 11 January 2011

Singing with our Heroes 33 Rounds per Minute and Never Going Home Until the Sun Says We're Finished.

For my first post I just want to let you know what to expect from this. I may only post every few weeks when I get chance. It wont interest everybody but hopefully engages some of you. I'm not putting a lot of thought into it I'm literally typing as I think it. Ive tended to post a lot of stuff on facebook but there isn't a whole lot of space to say what I want to say in just a status. I will probably be pretty music focused but not totally. Speaking of which, the title of this blog is a lyric from a song that I relate to a lot by the band that Ive been most obsessed with lately, Its from Blue Jeans and White T Shirts by The Gaslight Anthem, check the link at the end and give it a listen.

My friends have always been important to me and I may not see them as much as I'd like anymore that will always be the case but I often find myself thinking about when times were more carefree, before mortgages, bills, economic crisis, when we just used to hang out, make out,  and party until the sun came up. We were wild at heart, we still are I guess but things were so simple back then which is why I like simplicity of blue jeans and white t shirts because thats me wearing those jeans and that white t shirt, singing along with my heroes (remember Livin on a Prayer and Summer of 69?) so for me this song means nostalgia, memories, looking back upon an easier time and never forgetting that time because at the risk of sounding like my Dad they could be the best times of our lives. This isnt to say Im downbeat about the now or the future, not at all, life is good (mostly) but these (our) memories are there for us to look back upon and I hope if anyone reads this that you like this song and can see where I'm coming from.

One thing Ive always loved about music is there is so much of it, so much that there is always something out there that we will love even if we are yet to discover it and Ive always enjoyed sharing my favourite songs with the people I know and care about. I call it educating people so I guess that makes me the teacher so please humour my suggestions and give them a try and do this homework, you may discover something new that you love. Im also interested to hear about the songs that bring up these memories for you, so fire them back at me, explain it, and I promise to look them up if I don't know them.


So until next time..... Thanks for reading
.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYLVgg3rsQ0

1 comment:

  1. That's what I think too mate, Uni was the best for me, something I won't ever forget! I remember the days when a busy day consisted of 2 hours of lectures and going out at night. lol. Don't think I can offer a BETTER song.

    ReplyDelete